Common Window Cleaning Questions and Answers
Bubbles Window Washing & Gutter Cleaning is Chicagoland's premier window cleaning, gutter cleaning, and power washing service provider. We're cleaning Chicago and the suburbs, so give us a call today and let us take care of your window cleaning services!
- How Are My Windows Cleaned?
- Our window cleaners use hand-held squeegees and cotton cloths. Each window cleaner will bring all equipment necessary to clean your home so that you can have peace of mind. The products that we use for our window washing services are Joy Soap & Ammonia. For an additional fee, screens & storms are taken down & hand-washed on both sides. Water supply is needed.
- When Should I Get My Windows Cleaned?
- There really is no bad time to have your windows cleaned. Often times individuals are concerned about having their windows cleaned during the winter months fearing possibility of rain. Rain is not a concern and winter months are as good of a time as any to clean your windows. One of the best times to have them cleaned, regardless of time of year, is when they are dirty!
- How Often Should I Have Service?
- You need to have your windows cleaned twice a year: the first cleaning is an in and out, usually done in the fall, the second is an outside only, usually done 5 to 7 months after the in and out.
- Do I Need To Be Home For the Service?
- Not unless you have scheduled an inside and outside window cleaning service. We bring our own ladders to the job and ordinarily do not need to enter the house with the exception of an inside-outside window washing package. We do ask that a method of payment is provided before the service, which is not run until after the window washing is complete.
- How Do You Count My Windows?
- Double hung windows count as 1 window. Sliding glass doors & picture windows are counted as 2 windows, per each piece of glass. All other windows are counted as each piece of glass equaling 1 window.
- Can You Remove Hard Scaling?
- The short answer is no, we are unable to remove hard scaling. However, there are things that can be done to prevent hard scaling. Hard scaling happens due to water that has a high content of minerals making contact with your window panes. Making sure that your irrigation system is pointing away from your windows is important, especially if you have a well water irrigation system. Well water is drawn from mineral rich water sources beneath the earth's surface, increasing the chance of hard scaling on your windows. Keeping your windows clean also helps prevent hard scaling. Your home's exterior windows should be cleaned at least two times per year.
- What Methods of Payment Do You Accept?
- Payment may be made by check at the time of service; or with any major credit card or Zelle, either before or at the time of service.
- Window Washing Appointment Times
- Monday - Friday : 7 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Saturday : 7 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Bubbles Window Washing & Gutter Cleaning is Chicagoland's premier window cleaning, gutter cleaning, and power washing service provider. We're proud to provide your professional window washing services!