Common Power Washing Questions and Answers
Bubbles Power Washing is Chicagoland's true pressure washing professional. Whether it's a building, drive-way, or patio, our power washers are professionally trained and happy to take care of all your power washing needs. Pressure washing is a great way to maintain the exterior of your property and add curb appeal. The following is a list of common questions we've encountered while on the job:
- What Is Power Washing?
- Power washing, or pressure washing, is the growing application of high pressure water spray. Produced by specially designed pumps, this spray is a hundred times more powerful than the typical garden hose. On concrete it is used to remove unsightly mold, bubble gum, and other dirt stains. Wooden decks are returned to the look of new wood, void of graying and fatigued finishes. And on houses, the appearance of siding (namely aluminum and vinyl) is greatly improved by removing pollution, mildew, and other signs of neglect.
- How Often Should I Have Power Washings?
- Yearly is a good interval, but it does depend on the surface. Most customers have low-maintenance decks, patios, and siding, so we recommend at least once annually. Bubbles Power Washing will help you to figure out your maintenance schedule and cleaning needs.
- Can't I Just Do Power Washings Myself?
- The difference between DIY and professional is in the capability of the equipment and the expertise of trained pressure washers. Most rental power washing equipment have the same PSI (pounds per square inch) as commercial-grade equipment, but the volume of water that they can hold is minimal. This results in projects that can take days instead of hours, wasting your time and money.
Most DIY power washers also do not realize that a proper and thorough cleaning is not always a result of high pressure. Because of this, an untrained power washer may use a water pressure setting that is too high and too close to the surface being cleaned, which often results in damaged screens, chipped painting, and ruined siding. Professional power washers have the equipment and training to recognize appropriate pressure and distance for each project in order to protect your home from damage.
- Will High Pressure Damage My Home?
- All pressure washing services are capable of producing high pressure output, but most cleaning is done at low pressure. Our pressure washers are sure to examine the type of surface they are power washing to make sure that the right amount of water pressure is used.
- Do I Need to Be Home For the Cleaning?
- No. We bring our own ladders to the job and ordinarily do not need to enter the house. We do ask that a method of payment is provided before the service, which is not run until after the power washing is complete.
- What Methods of Payment Do You Accept?
- Payment may be made by check at the time of service; or with any major credit card or Zelle, either before or at the time of service.
- Power Washing Appointment Times
- Monday - Friday : 7 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Saturday : 7 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Bubbles Window Washing & Gutter Cleaning is Chicagoland's premier window cleaning, gutter cleaning, and power washing service provider. We're proud to provide your professional power washing services!