Common Gutter Cleaning Cleaning Questions and Answers
Bubbles Window Washing & Gutter Cleaning is Chicagoland's premier window cleaning, gutter cleaning, and power washing service provider. We're cleaning Chicago and the suburbs, so give us a call today and let us take care of your cleaning services!
- Why Should I Have My Gutters Cleaned?
- Regular gutter maintenance will help to increase the curb value of your home and prevent future repairs/damage. Gutters are designed to retain all water flushed down from the roof. If these gutters are clogged, the water will have nowhere to go but into the foundation or the inner walls of your home. When your gutters hold too much weight, they risk pulling away from or completely falling off of your home.
- How Often Should I Clean My Gutters?
- Your gutters should be cleaned at least twice a year: once in the spring and once more in the late fall. Your early annual cleaning removes all gutter debris accumulated over the winter to prepare for the heavy spring rains. If left unattended, filled gutters will clog with water and the integrity of your home's foundation or walls could suffer. We recommend another annual stop in the late fall season to remove any material from the gutters as well. This cleaning is especially important because of the potential ice and snow that could trap material and also ruin your home's framework.
- How Are My Gutters Cleaned?
- Our professional gutter cleaners collect all debris by hand to ensure that your gutters are spotless by the time we leave. We bag and remove all debris from your gutters as a part of the service. We will flush all downspouts with water to ensure that your gutters are completely clear. Some clogs may require an additional charge for removal, which the gutter cleaner will inform you of before the removal is performed.
- Do I Need to Be Home For the Cleaning?
- No, you do not need to be home for your gutter cleaning service. We bring our own ladders to the job and ordinarily do not need to enter the house. We do ask that a method of payment is provided before the service, which is not run until after the gutter cleaning is complete.
- What Is The Purpose of Gutters?
- Gutters are designed to help divert rainwater from your roof away from your house. If these gutters are clogged, this rainwater can go under your home, potentially compromising your foundation or flooding your basement. Clogged gutters can also lead to water damage to wood trimming and siding. Having one of our professional gutter cleaners provide preventative maintenance will avert expensive repairs for your gutters.
- What If My Gutters Are Damaged?
- While cleaning the gutters, we’ll inspect them and report any damage we find, or wear that will soon require attention. If minor repairs are required, we usually can take care of it. If more extensive work is needed, we can refer you to someone who specializes in those repairs, or give you a report of the problem which you can pass on to whoever handles your house repairs.
- What Methods of Payment Do You Accept?
- Payment may be made by check at the time of service; or with any major credit card or Zelle, either before or at the time of service.
- Gutter Cleaning Appointment Times
- Monday - Friday : 7 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Saturday : 7 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Bubbles Window Washing & Gutter Cleaning is Chicagoland's premier window cleaning, gutter cleaning, and power washing service provider. We're proud to provide your professional gutter cleaning services!